Tuesday, October 10, 2006

My New 'Do

Won a raffle last week: 50% off on a cut-and-blowdry service at our town's best salon. Haircuts cost an arm and a leg here, if you must know. Since I'd been meaning to have my hair drastically made over from the rut it was in, I rejoiced at the win and immediately booked my appointment.

So I had my hair restyled last Saturday into a slightly longer version of a pixie cut. Think Alyssa Milano, Winona Ryder, Natalie Portman-- except mine is not as cropped. Maybe sort of like N. Tonks in the Harry Potter books. I love my new 'do! It's supershort, cool, trendy, and what's more, it's absolutely wash and wear. I can make it as flat or as messy as I want it to be, just by using my fingers. O and B loved it right away, but for the first five hours after my haircut, my two-year-old E refused to believe that I was indeed his Nanay! He wouldn't let me carry him, much less feed him or play with him. He kept stealing furtive glances at me, as if to ask, what have you done to my mum? Finally, after we got home, he seemed to accept that it was really me. Funny!

1 comment:

Binut/Keyt said...

I can't picture it in my head. Maybe a picture of you will help. =)

That's funny, E not recognizing you. =)