Monday, March 31, 2008

The Door Begins To Open...

Praise God! I got the PhD fellowship from Schlumberger Foundation's Faculty for the Future program! You can see the results online by clicking here.

Please join me in thanking God for His mercy, generosity and faithfulness, and please keep praying that I will get admitted into my chosen University as a result of my securing funding. Thanks so much for all your prayers! I know that this is God's hand at work in my life, for He has made it crystal clear to me that He is the one in control over the whole process, from my applications to my scholarship telephone interview, to my finding the right program, the right research project, the perfect supervisor, the best references, to all the little details which tell me and assure me that it is HIS will and HIS Spirit, and not my own paltry efforts or human abilities, which is making this miracle possible, despite the overwhelming odds and barriers.

As He has always done before leading me by the hand through a major life change, He first brings me to a closed door beyond which I sense I must pass, He shows me that it is closed, He shows me that I cannot open it myself--- and then He leads me to trust and abandon myself to His providence, and finally, joyfully, lovingly proceeds to open it before my very eyes!

God is good indeed! Amen, Alleluia, Amen!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christ is Risen indeed!

Congrats!

Regards to O and the kids.

May you get in to your chosen university =)

Anonymous said...

wow! a blessing indeed. Congratulations! InCHRIST-kbshamu