Tuesday, June 10, 2008

'Capture carbon to avert catastrophic climate change, say world's scientists'

I came across an urgent appeal from scientists for the powers-that-be to adopt CCS technology. Read the Times Online article by clicking here.

Each day, I grow more excited about being capable (someday soon, fingers and toes crossed!) of contributing to new knowledge about this climate change mitigation method. There is a growing feeling of anticipation deep inside me when I think about soon becoming immersed in such relevant and urgent research, in one of the world's top research institutions, with cutting-edge technology, while funded by a well-respected and influential international oilfield services giant.

I don't care if it sounds childish or corny, but the honest truth is, this simple-minded Pinay Nanay is unbelievably keen to get on and do her bit to save the planet! Please, Lord, in spite of humankind's years of stupidity and greed, don't let us cause our own extinction together with Your creation's destruction.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exactly! I can still remember when you shared these thoughts to me long, long time ago. I'm just happy to know that you're dreams are coming true... God bless you always.

J

Anonymous said...

"I'm just happy to know that your (not you're) dreams are coming true..." HaHaHa...I guess I was excited and nervous at the same time. Whew!

J

Anonymous said...

matagal na panahOn kO nang hinahanap kung nasaan na ang isa sa pinaka magandang filipina.. matalinO.. at mabuting taO.. hanggang sa may nabasa akO sa forum na pinupuri ang hinahanap kung taO na walang iba kundi si jean therese hilariO.. ang pabOritO kong beauty queen.. natuwa akO dahil sa magagandang puri sa kanya.. at lalo akOng natuwa nang binigay nya ang kanyang blog.. at hetO akO ngayOn.. nagbibigay ng cOmment sa kanya.. masaya akO dahil nasa mabuti kang kalagayan at may magandang pamilya.. siguro halos nasa yO na lahat.. halos natupad na lahat ng pangarap mO sa buhay.. ang wish kO nalang ay goOd health.. ganun din sayOng family.. ingat ka pO lagi jan.. mOre pOwer..! God bless..! eman:-)